“You rock! Cool stuff man – awesome guitar tone”
Frank Klepacki – Command and Conquer Series/Dune
“I found there are many great remixes on your channel. awesome!”
Hideyuki Fukasawa – Street Fighter 4/ Marvel vs Capcom 3
“I always appreciate it when remixes at least try to stay close to my original version than the “remakes” of the song. Well played.”
Lee Jackson – Duke Nukem 3D
“You are Midas of the remix scene. Everything you touched is turned to gold.”
Since February 2009 I have been making covers/remixes and uploading them to my Youtube channel, to share with people and also to gain valuable feedback. I started making covers of video game music, but I have also covered songs from films, Classical music and even well known Christmas tunes. I have been making good progress ever since and at the time of writing I have 20,000 subscribers and almost 5 million video views. My recent arrangement from the game “The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim” has gained great attention, even from Bethesda (the company developing the game) who posted it on their Facebook page and blog.
Composing for GamesJourney Onwards
This is an original song that I submitted for the upcoming game BattleBlock Theater. It combines a funky beat, catchy melody and orchestral elements. It draws inspiration from games such as The Lost Vikings, Monkey Island and Castle Crashers. It was intended to invoke imagery of the heroes setting off on their quest and adventuring out into the world.
“A New Revolution” is an original song composed for Half-Life 2:Wars, a game mod which I compose for. The concept of the mod is to take the Half Life 2 universe into a Real Time Strategy setting. Although the mod is still in beta stages, it has come along way and is continuing to make good progress. The music is all original, however it draws influence from the soundtrack of the original Half Life games.
The song is a fast paced, beat driven song with the main focus on the drum beat and dissonant, rhythmic bassline. It also features distorted electric guitars, synth pads, synth leads and other percussion. The song symbolizes the revolution of the “Resistance” faction while at the same time getting the listener pumped up for battle.
I am also a member of the Game Audio Network Guild
- 10 years guitar playing experience – I am proficient in playing on both electric and acoustic guitar in a variety of styles and articulations. I am currently studying for a Grade 8 exam in 2011.
- Music Composition – With a combination of several years of academic education and my own personal research, I have a thorough understanding and experience in music composition.
- Music Production – Vast knowledge of music production, including modern recording techniques, use of several digital audio workstations (Mainly Logic, Cubase, Reason) and some mixing and mastering skills aswell.
- Sound design – I have basic knowlege of sound design, including layering of samples, audio manipulation and DSP effects.
- Live Performance – I have performed music live around 50 times and have gained some valuable experience from it.
- Sheet Music/ Tablature – I have basic knowledge of reading and writing sheet music and a good understanding of tablature.
- Peforming Musician Diploma – I acheived a pass for a “Performing Musician” Diploma at a nearby music college
- A Level Music Technology – I acheived a C grade for A Level Music Technology
- GCSE Music – I acheived A grade for GCSE Music